Sunday 4 March 2012

First Thursday Market

Here's a few pics from my market stall at First Thursday market this week. It was a friendly, fabulous place for people like me new to this whole thing. Thanks to Jessica for all her organising and wonderfulness! And to the wider First Thursday crew, what a wonderful event with so much going on, and didn't that banana yellow cruiser bike look totally devine !?!
For those who saw the backs the other day, now you can see the fronts. 
Nan's bookshelf brooches I have called this little collection.
I do love a good brooch, and I dabbled in a few different recycling methods to make a few styles.
Also I had some fun with making some special gift cards - cards that keep on giving.
I should explain a little about these save-the-trees/share-the-love cards I've made.
Like this tea lovers card above (who is now off to many new homes), all cards can be re-sent over and over and over. Simply pull out the (recycled) paper insert and rewrite your personal message and send on. Though first you must draw yourself into the circle of friends on the back. All cards are sold with a pretty, inside-out envelope. I spoke to a couple of people about doing some custom made cards, if you are interested, just email me & let me know your theme/occasion - and I can email through some found image options.
I am excited to send these lil guys off on a globe trotting adventure, and I hope that possibly one day I might see one again with a whole line of dressed up people on the back.

I also made some driftwood necklaces using wood from Napier, Tapapakanga, & Peka Peka beaches from this summers adventures. The straps are made from bike tyre inner tubes. Not only is the dirftwood a strong natural connection to wear around your neck, I also wanted to enhance our ties to our environment with the funky tribal colours - a reminder of the peoples of our world who live off the land & do so with such respect para la pachamama (for the mother earth). 
and a bit of an action shot to finish :)

Thank you to all of those who stopped by, and a warm welcome to any new followers of the blog, feel free to say hola in the comments box !!

2 comments:

  1. Sez, those bike tire broochs are just soo supa cute!!! Keep up the good work girl.
    xoxox
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share some cheer. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...